Rx100M7 auto mode shutter speed?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DHHa New Member • Posts: 1
Rx100M7 auto mode shutter speed?

Is it just me, or does auto mode insist on using a ridiculously low shutter speed for anything but fully sunny outdoor shots? I'm talking speeds like 1/8 or 1/13 which are largely useless for any kind of handheld shot of a human(at least this human). It seems like the algorithm would rather lower ISO as much as possible instead of at least giving the operator a chance at getting a non blurry shot.

I had a M6 for a week before the M7 came out(I returned the m6) and while I did not do any side by side testing(I assumed the m7 would just be slightly better than the m6 and not have a problem with it), ostensibly similar lighting conditions(same house, midday, sunny, indoors with large windows) seem to give me very different performances in auto mode. The m6 seemed happy to give me ISOs in the thousands with a nice 1/60 or faster shutter speed, whereas the m7 wants to give me ISO around 200 with ultra slow shutter speeds(always in intelligent auto mode)

I don't rely on auto mode for shots I plan out, but if I'm just wandering around and want to get a quick shot without fiddling, or if I give the camera to someone else, auto mode should be there for me. Unfortunately it seems entirely useless in medium light conditions . Unless I'm doing something really silly.  Am I doing something silly or did auto mode actually significantly change? I can't find much info online because of the newness of the M7.

Canon EOS M6 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX1 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow