Flash! (Not what you think)

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CX Bob
CX Bob Senior Member • Posts: 2,689
Flash! (Not what you think)

First off, I would like to apologize to everyone for not responding to your posts as consistently as I'd like to.  I have no energy lately, and try to 'make hay when the sun shines' but it's been difficult.  So I sort of feel guilty sending a photo when I haven't been responding to yours appropriately.  And I only had begun the process of trying to make something 'artsy' here when I got lazy and decided to go back to bed.  So it's okay if you don't want to talk about it!
My idea with this one was that Baby Boomers like me would recognize the 'pattern' here as what you see when you're dealing with a plastic model of an airplane or race car, or whatever.  A friend of mine in my new 'manufacturing' town recently told me me that when you 'twist off' the required pieces. the useless stuff that's left is called 'flash'.  Good luck finding appropriate references to that particular name!  But apparently it's true, in spite of its more common usage these days. 

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow