Sling type camera strap?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Jimmy K.
Jimmy K. Senior Member • Posts: 1,005
Re: Sling type camera strap?

I like sling strap. Puts the weight on my shoulders and not my neck. I can use sling strap for hours. I also switch the strap between right and left shoulders.

I have used Black Rapid RS4 on Canon FF camera with 24-70mm F2.8L II lens. The Black Rapid connects to single point at tripod mount. The positive is that camera+lens will find the heavies point and just balance. The negative is that lens can rotate and move around.

I now use Peak Design Slide Lite strap with Sony APS-C mirrorless camera. This is a smaller strap for lighter setup. This requires 2 connection points:

• Can be 2 of the original camera strap points, but this doesn't work well with large lenses, as camera's back is against the body and lens will stick out.
  • Or can use 1 original camera strap point, and other is the tripod mount; this works better for large lenses, as lens will hang below the camera.
 Jimmy K.'s gear list:Jimmy K.'s gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow