90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OUGrad05 Forum Member • Posts: 71
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Myer wrote:

OUGrad05 wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

So specs don’t seem to show dual cards or dual DIGIC, so the 90D isnt any sort of 7D2/80D compromise. It’s just an updated 80D.

I’m a Canon fan, but I really think they made a mistake dumping the 7D range.

But at least Canon just saved me $1500 as I won’t be buying a 90D anytime soon.

I agree it's a mistake. I've been rocking my old Rebel T2i for several years waiting on the 7D3 or perhaps the 6D2 (disappointed). Thought this might be it. Doesn't look like it'll get the dual card slots, top tier weather sealing, cramming more pixels on what seems to be the same sensor will result in poor low light (important for me).
I guess it'll be time to relegate the T2i to backup duty and go Z6, or Sony A7R3 (assuming it comes down a bit with the R4 announcement).

OUGrad05,

You mention a few things. I went to a 70D from my beloved T2i. Considering how old it is it was a great upgrade in high ISO performance. My granddaughter uses it when I get her out shooting.

It looks like you wrote that you're disappointed with the 6DII. If that's what you meant what don't you like about it?

Video functions are terrible and from everything I've been told the weather proofing is very limited.  Also didn't like the auto focus limitations.  
I have no doubt a 90D would be an upgrade, but I keep these things for 7 to 10 years, I quickly learned most of the functions on the T2i and found myself in situations where it was under performing, namely sports and indoor shooting, especially indoor sports.
It's also let me down several times when storm chasing.
Been ready for a change for several years and Canon continues to disappoint. I have only one decent lens so my investment is small. Looks like I'll be bouncing over to Sony or Nikon.
Considered the Fuji XT3 as a great budget performer.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow