120 FPS / 4k60 / IBIS / Hybrid / AF ? Recommendations Please

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Wazzy1 Junior Member • Posts: 33
120 FPS / 4k60 / IBIS / Hybrid / AF ? Recommendations Please

Hi guys as per the title looking for a new camera for video. I currently own a 6dII which i use mainly for automotive photography for dealerships. However more recently I have been creating short "cinematic-ish" videos. The plan is to progress further onto short automotive features / documentary style videos (kind of makes sense as i always have access to a range of cars). The new camera must excel in stills and video.

The 6DII is a great camera but 60fps is just not providing the dreamy slow mo sequences im hoping to achieve. Also the lack of 4k limits post production options for effects / transitions / zooms etc.

I have considered the following cameras;

GH5 - has all the requirements in the title except good AF and the M43 sensor doesn't really provide the DOF id like to achieve

EOS R - has 120fps but only at 720 and the AF is not available. Cant really rack focus manually as i lack the skills. Plus no 4k60.

a7sII - Poor AF

A9 - seems to be a great option with good AF / 5 AXIS stabilisation / 4K 60 / 120FPS

a7III - same as above but with less sophisticated AF.

Now this will sound ridiculous and please reserve judgement but it would be ideal if the camera has a scene intelligent auto mode for photos as i still use it sometimes when i'm in a rush at work (not always) but with the time restrictions and work load its just easier.

Im not heavily invested in canon glass so not fussed about switching to another platform.

Any input is appreciated

Panasonic GH5 Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow