RX10 IV refuses to focus (very rarely)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BarryWpg Regular Member • Posts: 107
RX10 IV refuses to focus (very rarely)

I found mine rarely (like once in 3,000 shots) refuses to focus. Its not hunting, not misfocusing, just doing nothing. Turn camera off and back on and its fine.                             Its as if its on manual focus or I am holding the focus hold button (which in not the case)

I wasn't going to do anything about it  as it happens so rarely - but finally decided to phone Sony Canada. They suggested resetting camera but I said no - warranty is up in a couple of weeks and problem might not reoccur for 2 or 3 months.

So Sony said to send it in. I asked if I had to pay for shipping & they said yes. However they emailed me a shipping label which was prepaid.

I was sure it would just come back with"no problem found, focus is operating normally" but I got an email in a few days saying parts ordered. A few more days and it was shipped back to me.

I don't know if MTC (repair company) actually found a problem or just accepted my word on it and figured this is the most likely area for the problem to occur and went ahead and replaced the parts

I am curious if anyone else had a similar problem?

Also these were the parts replace

1   A2193892A   Sy-1082 board
1   A2196362A    Cabinet (Upeer) Assembly (s

Anybody have more info on what these parts actually are?

I will update if the problem reoccurs, but hopefully it never does.

Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow