EXIF data search other than LR?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pcstone New Member • Posts: 10
EXIF data search other than LR?

One of the reasons I stay with LightRoom for my Fuji images is the robust EXIF data search/filter capabilities. I have thousands of images and I like to occasionally do a search on a specific aperture and lens, or focal length and camera body to do side by side image comparisons.

Whenever I get excited about another image management tool having mtadata/EXIF data search capabilities, it always falls short. For example, Alien Exposure lets you search on EXIF data, but it is just a text box that searches text strings in a general way. For example, if you are looking to compare all your images where the focal length was 16mm, you may not get them all, or you will get additional images that happened to be taken with a 16-50mm but not necessarily at 16mm focal length. In other words, nothing like LR searches. It just looks through all the EXIF data and tries to match with what you have in the search box.

Is there any other photo managing/editing tool that has as robust of search/filter capabilities as LightRoom?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow