Sensor dust on refurbed 80D?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ohaya
OP ohaya Regular Member • Posts: 130
Re: Sensor dust on refurbed 80D?

ohaya wrote:

Hi,

A long story, but FYI, I ended up talking to the factory service center (pretty nice bunch of people!) and ended up sending the 80D body in for them to eval. They are in the VA beach area (Newport News) and we are in NoVA, so it should get there this week and then I will see what they say.

BTW, thanks for all the comments and suggestions!

FYI, I got my 80D and now the sensor is really clean!  Service was super fast... it looks like they turned it around and shipped it back to me the same day that they received it, and I got multiple automated calls from them advising of the status. I guess living 3 hours away from them made the shipping really fast too :)!

Super!  I am SOOO happy to have it back!

Meanwhile, I ran across some videos about the gel type sensor cleaners with warnings about the same thing that happened to me (pieces of the gel sticking to the sensor glass).  Apparently it is possible to clean that off, but according to one video, he had to use wet swabs multiple times to do that.

ohaya's gear list:ohaya's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Olympus E-M5 II Canon EOS 80D Fujifilm X-T30
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow