Ouch! Baby needs a new shutter (A77ii)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Alan_S
Alan_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,840
Re: Ouch! Baby needs a new shutter (A77ii)

Ouch indeed! On the note of waiting to see what Sony's up to... What are your thoughts on A7R4? A month ago I went through a similar thought process when my A99II w/version 1 Zeiss 24-70/2.8 attached came off the tripod, hit the pavement and separated on impact (lens mount & mirror box replaced in the body, zoom barrels replaced in the lens). It really got me to thinking -- I went ahead and got both repaired (with my Sony Pro Support 20% discount and insurance coverage it ended up being less than $300 out of pocket) but had it been a lesser model than A99II am thinking I would have went for the A7R4. With my investment in A-mount glass I have no inclination to ever "switch" to E-mount, but the A7R4 (coupled with the LA-EA3's new firmware) appears to me to be the first ever genuine "overall upgrade" to A99II, and a possible 1st step toward gradual transition/merger of my system with E-mount. I'll likely wait a year to see if A99III materializes (have two A99IIs and no "need" to upgrade), but Just curious your thoughts, as I'm seeing this new model as not only the the first camera (in any mount) that is an upgrade to A99II, but also a viable future path for my A-mount glass (most of it anyway, I only have one screw drive lens, the Minolta 600).

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow