5DV?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
aftab
aftab Forum Pro • Posts: 10,166
5DV?

It would appear that Canon has decided to go mirrorless with most of its resources dedicated to that purpose. As a result, people are unsure about Canon's plan with DSLR. People are wondering if there would be a 7DIII. Most people think the successor to 5DIV will be a mirrorless.

Do you want a 5D V DSLR? I do.

Last month I went to Turkey and the UK. I took my EOS R with RF 24-105. I also took lowly 800D as my backup camera. I used R most of the time, used 800D+18-135mm when I wanted longer reach. Whenever I used 800D I felt I missed OVF badly using R, even though 800D OVF is poor compared to 5DIV.

I know mirrorless is the future. But I think Canon should release at least one more version of DSLR in its highly popular 5D line. I think most people either don't care about mirrorless or will be happy with a DSLR if it meets their need.

What do you think?

aftab's gear list:aftab's gear list
Canon G1 X II Panasonic FZ1000 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Nikon D600 +23 more
Canon EOS Rebel T7i / EOS 800D / Kiss X9i
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow