OM-D E-M5 how to turn on the supercontrol menu?

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Erinlale
Erinlale New Member • Posts: 16
OM-D E-M5 how to turn on the supercontrol menu?

I just got this camera and have downloaded the manual. The manual tells me there are certain controls I could use-- such as press a subject on the screen to lock focus, turn flash sync on and off, etc.-- that I would like to try out. The manual tells me what the icons for these controls look like. There seems to be some essential first step that I am not finding. The manual says the supercontrol is an on screen touchscreen menu. The touchscreen appears to be turned off. How do I get the supercontrol menu to appear and stay on the screen?

(I easily found the controls that the menu button brings up, but those don't include the controls I'm now looking for.)

So far I've taken some great pics with this camera but I want to learn more of its functions. I've been trying out the different accessories that came with this used system, and got to the flash, which is a TT560 Speedlite, not the kind of flash that the manual describes. The flash works-- I can fire it off camera-- but I can't get the menu that the flash sync on / off toggle is on to appear on the camera screen. (I'll undoubtedly have more question later as I work my way through more stuff.)

Erinlale's gear list:Erinlale's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
ANSWER:
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow