Another big print on the cheap

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DavidWright2010 Senior Member • Posts: 1,886
Another big print on the cheap

I have been getting a lot of printing done at Walgreen's (nfi) recently. They have a big Epson printer, and often have a 40%, 50%, or 75% off sale. Some employees are not too careful handling the prints, but they will re-print blemished ones at no additional charge. So with an hour turn-around time, and a location only 1 mile away, they are my new favorite source of prints.

Case in point, this 72' wide, 34" high print:

It is 3 panels of 34" x 24", part of a larger pano I shot way back in 2015 (the vineyard fall color varies, and lately has not been good), using a DP1M:

Bottom line, this print on the wall cost me $160 - printed, mounted on foam board, and mounting hardware attached. I have a rail on the wall (covered by these 3 panels) so I can easily switch pictures (you can see the old, 30"x60" print panels leaning against the wall).

I upsized it for the print using a fractal algorithm (ON1 Resize, also NFI), which does a pretty good job in making up-rezzed leaves look like leaves.

David

DavidWright2010's gear list:DavidWright2010's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD1 Merrill Pentax K-1 +1 more
Sigma DP1 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow