90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Distinctly Average Regular Member • Posts: 471
Re: Joy stick - restoration of classical feature of the XXD line

Christoph Stephan wrote:

Steve Balcombe wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

I actually take this as good news as I think it means we could still get a 7d mk3.

After a few hours chewing it over, I've come to the same conclusion. My initial reaction was that giving the 90D certain '7D' features like the joystick...

joystick - I still remember the widespread annoyance on this forum when the EOS 60D was released as the first XXD camera without that feature. It was considered a downgrade, a bigger "rebel" not worthy of the XXD name.... with the re-introduction of the A point joystick in the 90D Canon just restored this feature set...

Scond card slot is certainly nice and a good insurance for professional photographers or on the lifetime trip / occasion - the question is how much more is one prared to pay for it in price or size and weight. I still have an old 7D which at that time didn't have one.

So the 90D is not the predicted re-merge of the XXD and 7D lines - and this launch still leaves the door wide open for a 7D3, maybe in the spring.

Exactly. This missing 2nd card slot in the 90 D is one good indication that Canon pland a 7D Mk III....

My thoughts too. So much is not in 7D territory that this really does not,feel like a merger of two ranges. Great 80D update though that will probably sell loads. I look forward to seeing how it performs.

Let’s hope for a 7D3 in spring at the latest. By then my 7D2 will be knocking on the 250k actuations door. If one does arrive it will Ben interesting to see what card slots it utilises.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow