90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Christoph Stephan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,272
Joy stick - restoration of classical feature of the XXD line

Steve Balcombe wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

I actually take this as good news as I think it means we could still get a 7d mk3.

After a few hours chewing it over, I've come to the same conclusion. My initial reaction was that giving the 90D certain '7D' features like the joystick...

joystick - I still remember the widespread annoyance on this forum when the EOS 60D was released as the first XXD camera without that feature. It was considered a downgrade, a bigger "rebel" not worthy of the XXD name.... with the re-introduction of the A point joystick in the 90D Canon just restored this feature set...

Scond card slot is certainly nice and a good insurance for professional photographers or on the lifetime trip / occasion  - the question is how much more is one prared to pay for it in price or size and weight. I still have an old 7D which at that time didn't have one.

So the 90D is not the predicted re-merge of the XXD and 7D lines - and this launch still leaves the door wide open for a 7D3, maybe in the spring.

Exactly. This missing 2nd card slot in the 90 D is one good indication that Canon pland a 7D Mk III....

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow