Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
CMCM Senior Member • Posts: 4,577
Re: Ebay strategies?

Kung Fu wrote:

John Michael Winterbourne wrote:

I think it's interesting that your thread about "Ebay strategies" contains so much about buyers' strategies, and very little about selling strategy. That's a pity, because I may also be about to start selling photography stuff again on the bay, after a couple of years away and reading a lot of negative stuff on here from frustrated sellers, I was hoping to get a few helpful ideas. Disappointed so far.

I've read most about "the NAD scam" - it took me an embarrassingly long time to work out that means "Not As Described" - and I think the best starting point to counter that is to use really good photos in the listing, with serial numbers and other identifying features.

eBay, when reviewing your dispute, will not even look at your photos or description. They don’t care. Buyer says “not as described” = you lose. Period. And the refund money is withdrawn from your linked bank account and sent to the seller immediately, and without your express authorization.

Also look up the “chargeback” scam. That happened to me too.

This would at least mean that it behoves the seller to be as accurate as possible in the description.  And that's a good thing.  That said, I'm sure there are buyers who abuse the system.

CMCM's gear list:CMCM's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon G7 X II Nikon D700 Nikon D5600 +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow