Mid-Life Career Change into Filmmaking - Feasibility & Advice

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
verny New Member • Posts: 6
Mid-Life Career Change into Filmmaking - Feasibility & Advice

Hey all,

I'm new to this community and hoping to get some advice and guidance (beyond: lol turn back now!)...

Background: I'm in my late 40's and have spent the majority of my career life in the creative agency and product design world, doing a lot of web work and digital campaign design stuff, making six figures. I've probably spent the last 5 or so years really burned out and doing a lot of soul-searching. I have a family to support and this has been what's kept me in this space.

Alas, I'm about to jump out of my skin with the need to shift my trajectory and looking at the feasibility of moving into the filmmaking world, both behind the camera as well as the editing and coloring suite. It's something I've been passionate about, as well as "dabbled" in, for a long time and I feel like it's now or never, but I don't have any solid contacts in the industry or clear inroads.

I've watched my share of youtube videos and read blog posts, but there isn't much geared towards someone in my scenario, my age, etc...

Has anyone in this community made this kind of transition/jump? What were some of the key things that led to your success in doing so? A fool's errand at my age?

Appreciate the advice and insights!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
Bob
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow