Focus Priority in First vs successive images in bursts

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 4,640
Focus Priority in First vs successive images in bursts

I have been using Sony for about 4 years but never gave a thought about it potentially not having a feature that the Canon 5D Mark IV (and possibly other Canon cameras) had.

The Canon allows you set the focus priority different for the first vs successive images in a burst. So you can set the first image to favor release more than focus but have successive images favor focus more say or be balanced or what ever you think you want to do. It

Does the Sony A7x or A9 family have this same kind of feature and I've missed it or is it lacking this capability? Does anyone know?
On the Canon I know I like it because It gets the burst going quickly but then makes sure successive shots favor focusing over release as some level you prefer. Both first and successive images have setting of +/- 2 from balanced.

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +24 more
Sony a7 III Sony a7R III Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow