XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
MummRa Regular Member • Posts: 112
Re: XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

roedj wrote:

I am very interested in acquiring a Fuji XF-10. It satisfies, at at least according to the specs, most of my needs (I do wish it had a tiltable screen). My main concern is the auto focus. I have watched several reviews on youtube and they're all over the place when it comes to auto focus. Some claim there's no problem and others say that it drove them crazy.

I don't understand the lack of consistency in these reviews. How can the review of the auto focus range from OK to awful? Does Fuji have a quality control issue? Even those who used the SNAPSHOT mode claim that they're not happy with the result.

Does anyone have any idea as to what's going on here? I'm having a hard time believing it's all operator error.

As always, thanks for your time and help.

Dan

If this helps u, this is one of the first 5 shots that i took with the camera, not knowing the menu and the settings or where the button was, i took it out of the box, charged it 30 minutes and went for a walk.

The seagull was flying on my side trying to land, i just had 1 second to rise the cam and snap the picture.

I don't have the original file with me atm, this is the download of a Instagram post, so the quality can be a little bad.

Who says that a xf10 is not suitable for bird photography is wrong

Edit, found the original JPEG on my phone:

Now, after 1 month with it, I learned how the camera focus and what are they failures, once you understand this little friend, the focus will almost never fail you.

MummRa's gear list:MummRa's gear list
Fujifilm XF10 Nikon D5500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow