Really disappointing. Just purchased canon M50 after my fuji X-T20 got lost.

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tehilla Junior Member • Posts: 29
Really disappointing. Just purchased canon M50 after my fuji X-T20 got lost.

Hi everyone. I should visit this site more often, and not only when an SOS Q comes up and I don't have anyone to turn too.

I have been using the Fuji X-t20 for almost two years now, mainly for family videos at home such as my kids, and small events. Sadly, two weeks ago I left it on a picnic bench in the forest, and it hasn't turned up.

I researched mirrorless cameras ever since, and got to the conclusion that I may as well try the new M50 everyone is talking about. I loved the Fuji, but the buttons and menus are nothing compared to canon. world of a difference. After spending many hours on the web comparing models and watching youtube vidoes, I decided to get the canon M50 with the kit lens 15-55. The store owner told me it was a great decision, since video quality on that camera can even top the fuji X-T3.

I came home and took my first video, indoors, next to a very lit up window. I was very dismayed that the result was noisy and grainy. Nothing sharp like the fuji x-t20 with18-55 lens. The canon kit lens does look cheaply made, though no one mentioned it anywhere throughout my research. I'm pretty much sure the camera is very good, just as fuji and perhaps more, but with a lens that's not as good as the one I used it's really not okay to me. I could live with less comfortable button controls, or even anything, but not low quality pics and video. The thing is, Canon has a very little collection of EF mounts lenses and since I mostly use the camera for video it the lens must have image stabilization and be wide angle. I can't compromise on those two.

Bottom line, the store won't take my camera back, and I'm really missing my good old Fuji.

Anyone relate? Is there some other company that makes E mount really sharp lenses for canon that can top the kit lens 15-55?

-- hide signature --

www.tehillalevinger.com | Professional Children Photographer

Tehilla's gear list:Tehilla's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
Canon EOS M50 (EOS Kiss M) Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
KEG
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow