Do Fujinon XF F1.2 and F1.4 prime lenses need a 'revamp'?

Started 2 months ago | Polls thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Veteran Member • Posts: 9,434
Re: Do Fujinon XF F1.2 and F1.4 prime lenses need a 'revamp'?

dual12 wrote:

Virtually no one wants Sigma. I once made the mistake of buying a premium Sigma zoom for my Nikon. The lens was good, not great. I could barely give that lens away for pennies on the dollar when I left Nikon...and it took nearly a year to sell it. Never, ever, ever again.

When Sigma lenses came out they were a piece of garbage.  Cheap - and built that way. The QC was nonexistent.   Apparently Sigma has cleaned up their act but they sure had a long way to go.  Today lenses are no longer mechanical - the camera and lenses are an integrated system each having to have compatible firmware.  Even manual focus on most lenses is fly by wire.

I am still a bit skeptical of third party lenses - especially these days when lens controls are not longer mechanical and everything is fly by wire with lens performance of third party lenses dependent on very precise reverse engineering of the camera and lens firmware and keeping up with the changes.

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow