Pancake zoom lens?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nic727 Forum Member • Posts: 83
Pancake zoom lens?

Hi,

I'm still undecided about the camera I want for the next 10 years. I would like a compact between LX100 or FZ1000 from Panasonic, but I'm also considering the Olympus E-M10 Mark III, but I would like if there is a pancake zoom lens for this camera to simulate what the LX100 has. The only pancake lens I found from Olympus is starting at f3.5 and only go to 45mm vs LX100 f1.2 to 75mm.

I'm between :

- LX100 II for great IQ and portability. No mic port or tilting screen.

- FZ1000 II for the zoom range, but it's a bit bigger and doesn't have M4/3. It has a mic port and tilting screen which could be nice for vlog or video, but not sure about video quality.

- Olympus E-M10 Mark III for great IQ and I could use one zoom lens and one casual lens. No mic port unfortunately. Not expensive for the great quality it has.

They are all not weather sealed.

I was also considering the Canon Powershot G3X, but the lens is too bulky.

I want to have the flexibility to shoot high quality photos, but also high quality videos like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15JkSZ95wzI

Some cameras have an antialiasing filter, but can you remove it in the setting for sharper images?

My previous camera is only the Nikon Coolpix S6800 which wasn't extraordinary and complicated. I want something more professional, but not very complicated for beginner. I want to start a photography portfolio.

Canon G3 X Nikon Coolpix S6800 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow