Post Focus of Panasonic GX85 & G85

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alcelc
alcelc Forum Pro • Posts: 11,392
Post Focus of Panasonic GX85 & G85

GX85 is my first Panny camera supports Post Focus. Very excited back then and had some interesting result on focus stacking.

However, with time passing I read from good members here that Post Focus of their cameras can produce a lot more frames than that of GX85, which was limited to 30 frames per every shutter hit (no matter how long I keep the shutter fully released). Some suggested that it could be closed to 70 frames or even >100 per each Post Focus shot.

Just added a G85, and tested Post Focus again. It seems that each single Post Focus shot from it is still limited to 30 frames. It was confirmed by the file property (as reported by Windows Explorer: 1 sec length of MP4 @29.97fps). as well as an free video extraction program "Free Video to JPG converter".

Therefore, would someone please teach me how to shoot Post Focus that can yield >30 frames each shot?

Thank you in advance for your help.

-- hide signature --

Albert

alcelc's gear list:alcelc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic G85 +10 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow