Canon Powershot images compared to iPhone 7

Started 4 weeks ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bradleypkm New Member • Posts: 2
Canon Powershot images compared to iPhone 7

Several years ago I bought my wife a Canon SX230 HS to replace her aging ELPH. I never ended up using it because the images always looked washed out. Recently I have been wanting to have zoom and obviously the iPhone fails in this respect so before going out and buying a new camera, since all the reviews say how great this Canon was, I thought I'd mess around. I can post a bevy of sample images but I just can't seem to get the colors to match what my eye sees and what the iPhone gets really close to capturing. The iPhone admittedly still adds a but more 'vivid' than my eye sees but I'm totally okay with that. Reading another article, someone mentioned underexposing so I tried that as well.  I have all the settings in the Canon on max to get hopefully the best picture and so my last concern is when I zoom in on the images, the iPhone looks more clear - the blades of grass more distinct and the bushes less like a general mass.  What I'd like is the image quality of the iPhone with a zoom.  Can I do this on the Canon without post processing?  Is there another camera that would do better than the Canon for <=$500?  Thanks for your help.

Canon on Landscape no exposure adjustment

Canon on Landscape with -1/3 exposure adjustment

Canon on Foliage with no exposure adjustment

Canon on Foliage with -1/3 exposure adjustment

iPhone 7

ANSWER:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow