Any Olympus 17mm F1.8 users?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
M_digicapt Senior Member • Posts: 2,226
Any Olympus 17mm F1.8 users?

I  received a copy of the Olympus 17mm F1.8 lens. The first thing I noticed is that it takes more force than any of my other lenses/adapters to mount it on a E-M10 Mkii. Is that normal?

It’s a very nice lens and looks great on my small M43 cameras. My first impression is that wide open it’s not the sharpest lens I own  but still quite good.

The manual clutch which I was really interested in because I mostly use manual lenses, works fine, but to my surprised I feel the regular focus by wire works better. Of course for zone focusing it should work well.

S-AF is seems very quick and accurate.

Is there any truth to the rumors that the china manufactured copies are not as good as the ones manufactured in Vietnam?

First time shooting a 17mm prime and it seems that if I’m getting so close, I might as well use the 14mm. And when I thought the 14mm was too wide, the 17mm seem still too wide… Probably I just need more time with it to get used to the FOV…

Got it as part of a camera bundle. Not sure if I’m keeping it. What would be a fair asking price if I decide to sell it?

Thanks

Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow