The most indecisive person in the world wants a new camera.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jorichma New Member • Posts: 18
The most indecisive person in the world wants a new camera.

I have been trying to decide If I should buy a new camera for over a year, and in that span I've read countless reviews and waffled back and forth about what to get. Eventually, I just get overwhelmed and say, "Eh, I'll figure it out later." And I never do. Someone, anyone, please help.

Here's my situation: I've got an old Canon Rebel T2i — my first camera love. Most of the time I've got a 24-105mm f4 on it — my first lens love. Sometimes I throw on the 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6. Or a nifty 50. But the 24-105 is my favorite lens.

My issues with the current setup: the body is showing it's age. Not just physically but functionally. No connectivity. No 4k video. No articulating screen. I've never felt desperate to have those things, but when they're available everywhere, it starts to feel like I should upgrade. Plus, the 24-105 is so damn heavy.

My ideal kit would offer me:

- Lighter weight because I like to hike and take landscape photos. I also have two kids that I'm chasing around.

- High-quality video. Like I said, gotta capture those kids' lives.

- Good low-light performance. Because once again, the kids. I'm taking pictures of them inside a lot.

- Good autofocus because of kids. Again. They just won't stay still.

- Won't break the bank. I don't want to spend a ton of money. That should have been obvious when I said I still have a Rebel T2i.

- Longevity. I'm not someone who likes to buy something and then sell it to buy something else. I want to stick with something and invest over time.

So here's what I've been mulling. I've naturally read a lot about m4/3 but can't decide if Panasonic GX-9 or Oly EM-5 II would be better. I've tried both and liked both with Oly getting the slight ergonomic edge. Then I've also read a bit about cameras like the Sony a6400 because of the bigger sensor. I tried Fuji and didn't like the ergonomics all that much. Then I know there is the Canon M6 so I could still use my lense with an adaptor...OR, maybe I just get a fixed lens small camera to supplement my current setup like the Lumix DC-ZS80 and...see, I'm doing it again.

Please, someone, help me.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS M6 Olympus E-M5 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a6400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow