Live view focus 80 D

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sjs9828 Regular Member • Posts: 180
Live view focus 80 D

Reading, including the manual, about how the 80 d focuses in live view and why to use it.

Manual focusing, instead of auto focusing, seems to be the recommended way for people that are using live view to get sharp photos.

The manual says that live view will focus by using the normal focus points if the shutter is pressed half way (or BBF does the same as I've been messing with it).

I assume that this will give the same degree of focus as using the view findner and be effected by MFA settings.

The second way to focus is to touch the screen on the desired subject. I assume that this uses contrast, separately from the normal focus points, to focus and would not be effected by MFA settings.

Am I thinking correctly?

Also, I do not seem to be able to zoom and touch screen for focus. I can zoom but it won't touch screen focus. I have the correct choice of the shutter being choosen (per the manual).

Also, when I change to focusing by a button it automatically goes out of zoom.

So, cnn I zoom in and then focus while keeping the zoom so i can see how well focused that I am?

sjs9828's gear list:sjs9828's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 80D +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow