Why do I like my old Nex-5n pics more?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Putious Forum Member • Posts: 62
Why do I like my old Nex-5n pics more?

I have the a6300 and been using it for a while.  Great camera, fast focus, versatile.  My old cam prior was a Nex-5n.

But when I look back at my Nex-5n photos, I like them more.  There's something in the colours or DR or just someting that makes the Nex-5n shots likeable.   There's definitely a unique characteristic that makes Nex-5n shots immediately recognisable even when trolling through various random photo sites.  What it is, I just can't put my finger on.

The only thing I can think of is that the a6300 has stronger highlights (likely more sophisticated sensor able to avoid blow out. better DR).  The Nex-5n maybe mutes some of the colours or DR.

I also found Post process is definitely easier on the Nex-5n.  Again, I think it's the highlights.

I'll post a couple of random example pics.  (I'm not a professional, just an enthusiast)

Nex-5n

a6300

Sony a6300 Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow