Issue with online hosting site... advice please?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Travelshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,378
Issue with online hosting site... advice please?

As my handle may portend I like to travel and take photos while traveling. I've been doing this for quite a few years and am now some 55 countries and 44 states into this adventure and am 8 years retired. I've used a variety of cameras and softwares over the years, somewhat immaterial to the post, but have been hosted on;line at SmugMug for many years.

When we return for a trip I am careful to caption everything, sometimes researching the site historically and including detail in the Lightroom caption section. It generally takes me as long as the trip or even longer to finish post processing with captions prior to upload to my hosting site.... probably about 8K images there now. Site is in my signature if you are interested.

The problems is they just changed the way they display images so that in slide show, a full screen mode, captions no longer display and to get to a caption you would have to stop the slide show, go to the individual image and click on details to get to the caption... extremely inconvenient to say the least. If you are looking at 80 images of Uncle Joe's party this may not mean much but if it of a travel album across 7 countries with 40 or 50 churches and religious sites, dozens and dozens of ruins and both historical and cultural sites it means a great deal to the enjoyment of a slide show observer.

If they can't remedy this situation in a short time frame it will be time for me to find another site that can display captions originally entered into Lightroom and uploaded with the image, as part of their slideshow.

Any site recommendations? .. and thanks in advance.

-- hide signature --

www.MartinDareff.com

Travelshooter's gear list:Travelshooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 VI Samsung Galaxy S7 edge +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow