Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens Sharpness Test

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
byumpp
OP byumpp Regular Member • Posts: 265
Re: Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens Sharpness Test

Cavig1 wrote:

This combo never worked well for me. The a6000 just doesn't auto focus well enough for moving birds or wildlife. The a6400 works much better af-wise.

I agree about the ergonomics. The small camera size requires you to balance the lens with your left hand. Versus using your right hand with a bigger or heavier camera. Although I shoot handheld 100% of the time, if I were shooting with this combo I'd use a monopod or tripod.

Also, there's no OS in the a6000 body. So there's no menu setting to turn steady shot.

Good luck and good shooting 🙂

Cavig

Thanks Cavig! I am planning to buy a camera. My heart is on the a6400, but I am also looking at the Canon 80D (there is a great deal for a refurbished 2 lens combo for US$ 699). Based on my experience with the a6000 + Sigma combo, I am not sure if the a6400 will be much help (from the handling prospective). But I also want a camera that can do everything (portrait, sports, landscape etc and easy to travel with) and the a6400 seems like the one.

-- hide signature --
 byumpp's gear list:byumpp's gear list
Sony a6000 Canon EOS 80D Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow