X-Pro 2 with only 251 shutter count?

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
D200_4me
D200_4me Veteran Member • Posts: 4,586
X-Pro 2 with only 251 shutter count?

I just bought a used X-Pro 2 from Japan.  It's from a camera store there (real store plus they do ebay sales).  I know you can't completely rely on the 'shutter count' for mirrorless cameras since sometimes there will be photos made with the mechanical shutter and some made with fully electronic shutter.  Using the PIE EXIF app (extracts EXIF data from JPG files), the 'image count' I see from a JPG I just shot when the camera arrived is 251.  The next JPG I shot shows image count of 252...so it appears to be incrementing up as I take more photos.  I've only shot a couple photos since I unpacked it and the EXIF info the PIE app extracted from the first photo (after doing a factory reset on all the menus/settings) shows image count = 251.  Do you think that's true/possible?

The camera has some very tiny scuffs and a few tiny scratches in the places you'd expect them from normal use for awhile (on the edges, hot shoe and bottom) but other than the hot shoe, you have to look really close to notice them.  I don't know if this was a personally owned camera or maybe a store demo.  It only came with the body, cap and battery...no box and so on.

What do you think?...is that 'image count' the PIE app is showing (251 for the first photo I shot) really believable/accurate?   Using PIE, it seemed accurate for any other brand new camera I've owned, knowing how much I've used those other cameras and looking at the file names of the images to cross reference.   If it truly does have only 251 for the shutter count, then I'm even happier than before because it was a nice deal (from what I can find).

-- hide signature --
 D200_4me's gear list:D200_4me's gear list
Nikon Z7 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon Z 24-70mm F4
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow