Questions on Ronin SC

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richard B99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,176
Questions on Ronin SC

Hi. I’m trying to find out if the Ronin SC has the same capability as the Ronin S for long range wireless control of the gimbal. I know it has the phone app that works over Bluetooth but I need a range in the order of 100m minimum.

On the Ronin S Focus Wheel there is has a switch (Can /SBUS) that allows a choice of protocols into the 8 pin control port. There is then a small 4 pin socket on the same Focus Wheel unit that allows you to wire into the gimbal and control it using one of those serial protocols. (Plan is to connect in to this using an SBUS wireless remote control receiver and then control the gimbal action using a pretty standard RC transmitter. )

So can anyone confirm whether the Ronin SC’s focus wheel has the same switch & socket as the S? (I have a suspicion that the focus wheel is identical for both but am not sure).

Further, anyone know whether the SC is able to be controlled using this same connection or did that capability get dropped from the SC as a feature trim?

Finally, anyone know of a way to mount the SC on a tripod head in the ‘flashlight’ orientation?  I don’t really want to stress the fittings on the (battery) base with a shear load rather than the weight bearing down vertically as is normal?

Many thanks in advance. It’s very hard to get an idea from any info on the web on this!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow