Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens Sharpness Test

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
byumpp
byumpp Regular Member • Posts: 244
Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary Lens Sharpness Test

I have been using the Sigma 150-600mm C (with a6000 + MC-11) for the past few days. The first day, I hated the weight and handling of it. As I use it more, I am more comfortable hand-holding it. I still feel a bigger camera body and/or monopod will help a lot. I am not planning on using a tripod since I walk/hike a lot while photographing.

Below I have included a few photos. Except the Brick Wallphotos, all photos are handheld. As you can see, I am not getting a very good result. I am not blaming the lens yet, but I would like you guys to review the photos and comment whether I have a good copy of the Sigma lens. The brick wall photos were taken using the 10 sec timer on a step ladder with a DIY bean bag. Setup shown below . I also turned off the OS on the lens, but in camera, I could not find where to turn it off. All the photos are straight out of the camera, all Jpegs.

-- hide signature --
 byumpp's gear list:byumpp's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C +1 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow