Not sure if anyone can help me with this

Started 3 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doucer Regular Member • Posts: 170
Not sure if anyone can help me with this

I am hoping to get some help from folks here but not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I have not been very good about backing up my photos and I was running out of space on my hard drive with the thousands of photos I have. I decided to get somewhat organized and try to develop a back-up system using external hard drives to ensure I have copies in case my computer crashes.

I have an A7r3 and use DXO Photo Lab for post processing. I purchased 2 Seagate external hard drives (one 4 TB and 1 6TB). When I try to transfer the raw images from my computer or memory card to the external drive, they appear just fine but when I try to access them using Photo Lab I get an error message that the file cannot be recognized. I have no problem reading the files on my hard drive but unable to read them on the external hard drive. I am using a Mac and have properly downloaded the proper software for the files to be accessed using a Mac.

I know this is a very specific issue and a bit of a newbie question but hoping someone here can help with some advice.

Thanks in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow