The New Sony Jacket Case for RX100 Series

Started Aug 22, 2019 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
d altman
d altman Regular Member • Posts: 491
The New Sony Jacket Case for RX100 Series

I just received it yesterday. I have never used this type of body case before. The bottom part is tiny and really doesn't add any bulk to the camera. I really like that you don't need a tool to tighten or loosen it since it has a thumb screw. I was planning on charging via miniUSB and getting the photos/videos off the card that way too. It is so quick and easy to remove, I think I will just take it off every time I want to get to the battery and card. The top cover fits like a glove as expected. The snaps to connect it are firm and tight but easy to open and close.

The only negative is it doesn't provide any real grip. The camera feels just about as slippery with it on. What I did was attach a Sony AGR2 Grip to the bottom part. I had to trim it a slight bit towards top. It seems like it adhered well. Worse comes to worse and it eventually falls off, its relatively cheap. It now feels really nice to hold. IMO it looks good.

Here are some pics:

d altman's gear list:d altman's gear list
Sony ZV-1 Sony a9 Sigma fp Sony a7C Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D +6 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow