Powerful Portable Flash for Android Phone and/or iPad?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
dochollywood New Member • Posts: 3
Powerful Portable Flash for Android Phone and/or iPad?

Is anybody aware of any powerful portable flash units for use with mobile phones (incl Android) and/or iPad?

Ideally usable for both photos and videos, but would also love to hear about photo lights.

I have a specific use where I need to use an Android phone or iPad to take the photos (and videos) of people indoors in a small space while on the fly, so the flash needs to be handheld, battery powered, and ideally something that can be stashed in your pocket. I also have an option to bounce light off a white ceiling to soften the light.

I'm certainly aware of the mini LED lights like the Amaran MX but was wondering if anyone has created something even more powerful. Also aware of the Godox A1 but that doesn't work with the native camera app.

There was a Kickstarter for a bright smartphone flashcalled the LIT flash, but it's on hiatus because it won't be as easy to make as they initially thought.

So far my only solutions are holding a pocket light like the Amaran MX or LumeCube. It's better than nothing but I'm hoping to find something more powerful to bounce the light. (Like I can using my TTL flash when I'm able to use my DLSR).

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow