90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
rrc1967 Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Mark B. wrote:

RogerZoul wrote:

IR1234 wrote:

So specs don’t seem to show dual cards or dual DIGIC, so the 90D isnt any sort of 7D2/80D compromise. It’s just an updated 80D.

I’m a Canon fan, but I really think they made a mistake dumping the 7D range.

But at least Canon just saved me $1500 as I won’t be buying a 90D anytime soon.

Who said Canon dumped the 7D line? Can you show a link for such a statement?

You can't believe all of the rumors around. Save your money and wait for the 7D3 or for an announcement from Canon saying that it isn't coming. I would expect to spend a little more than $1500, though.

I'll be very surprised if 1) there's a 7D III and 2) if the 90D retails for >$1,500.

I think the merging of certain features points to the 7D line coming to an end. Time will, but it was 5 years between the original 7D and another 5 years to it's successor. Now 5 years later there's not a hint of a 7D III but instead there's an 80D successor with features from the 7D II.

Mark

I disagree. The 90D is missing features that are essentially firmware only that could have easily been merged into the 90D from the 7D Mark II. There are size and weight considerations to the 90D versus the 7D Mark II, but many things that could have been added / merged back were not.

We kind of go into it here..

https://www.canonnews.com/so-is-the-90d-actually-a-merge-of-the-7d-mark-ii-and-80d

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow