Ebay strategies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP John KM/linhof Regular Member • Posts: 339
Re: PLEASE ... someone STOP ME !!!

PhotoTeach2 wrote:

Just for fun, I often switch over to "Ending Soon" items ...

It is often amazing how low some items are (soon/immediately) selling for, and admit I also very often jump in and grab a "value", (unfortunately even if I don't need it).

PLEASE someone STOP ME ... I have no more room in my garage (or girlfriend's house's) !!!

I do the same thing. Sometimes you do find some "good deals" this way especially if the seller has made a mistake in the title and/or doesn't know what they have in terms of value. I found some good Minolta Maxxum lenses this way. The seller was listing a Minolta 7000 with lenses (not specified). The pictures showed two lenses I could use, the 50mm macro and a 24mm. Now I have yet another Minolta Maxxum 7000 for my collection, having often bought a Maxxum 7000 for the attached lens.

This approach has its downside particularly late at night when unable to sleep. I have several times ended up with some cheap junk from China that I didn't need just because it was a bargain.

-- hide signature --

Linhofbiker

John KM/linhof's gear list:John KM/linhof's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow