Adobe not downloading.

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
sygnus21
sygnus21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,654
Re: Adobe not downloading.

Tony French wrote:

The sledgehammer approach would be to reinstall a fresh version windows.

Sledgehammer approach indeed. First off the OP seems to be ignoring the suggestion to get the file directly from Adobe so that raises questions.

Secondly this is of a curious nature - "I acquired this license by buying one from the IT department".  I'm 99.9 percent sure the "IT department" is not on Adobe's authorized vendor list. Additionally, this is also why the app is trying to log into the corporate side of Adobe, instead of the consumer side.

So yeah, reinstalling the OS is a sledgehammer approach because it won't solve the issue of an unauthorized piece of software.  At this point (based on what the OP is telling us) the only way to solve this is through the source he bought the software from... the IT department. However, It sounds like someone in the IT department sold something they shouldn't have sold and are now refusing the give the OP the credential they need to install said software.

My two cents.

-- hide signature --

I was once asked if I were embarrassed for asking so many questions. Well, I replied, only a man who has nothing to learn should be embarrassed.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow