Nikon P900, macro- which focal length is best?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joakim Stenudd
Joakim Stenudd Forum Member • Posts: 53
Nikon P900, macro- which focal length is best?

hello dear forum!

I'm thinking of buying a nikon P900 (or P1000 MAYBE) in addition to my Ricoh GR.
To have a zoom lens camera but I'm also considering the macro capabilities.

This is my question thats remarkably hard to find the answer to by google or searching these forums:

Which is the best focal length to use with macro on the P900? I've seen videos where people put the lens 0,1 inch from the object and take a picture, this just seems not so useful for me, as I was hoping to photograph some insects and not scare them away by bringing a huge camera to crush them.
It would be really useful if I could get closeups from 1-3 meters or something like this and still get the insect to be large in the viewfinder.
And what is the corresponding "1:1 macro ratio" (i dont know the proper name) for the P900? also really hard to find. I guess 1:1 scale is asking a bit much since the sensor is so tiny, that would be almost too great to be able to get a ladybug or something to fill the image.
But how could you compare the P900 with a DSLR regarding "macro ratio"? Is it something like a 1:1 scale lens on APS-C? Is it worse, or better?
Does this number change with which zoom you are using?

And finally, how do you compare the p900 and p1000 in these respects?

-- hide signature --

best regards/
Joakim Stenudd

Joakim Stenudd's gear list:Joakim Stenudd's gear list
Ricoh GR
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P1000 Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow