Sony full frame mirrorless camera and lens buying for beginner on a low budget

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Robert Balazs New Member • Posts: 3
Sony full frame mirrorless camera and lens buying for beginner on a low budget

Hi,

I would have a question for you if you have the time to answer, it would be awesome!I'm not in the best situation when it comes to budget, but I thought a way of getting the best I can for my money.

So here's my plan for getting into the full-frame world:

Getting a Sony a7 Mk 1 used around 400 dollars. Getting a 16-35mm f4 for landscape and street and general travel photography.

Getting the 50mm f1.8 (the nifty fifty).

This is all for starting. And then later down the road (in about 1-1.5 years) when I get the chance I would like to change the body to the a7r Mk 2 /r Mk 3 or the original a7 Mk 3. Maybe getting the 85mm f1.8 as well.

Other than the 16-35mm I don't want to spend more right now, because I can't.

Is this a good starting point, or do you think another way would be better?

General QA:

I shoot mostly landscapes, cityscapes, landscape, and cityscape portraits. Normal portraits and the all-around shooting, when you see something and just shoot.

I don't want to carry a big weight with me but want quality gear. Don't want to consider the APS-C line at all.

For the lenses I also considered to have only primes, instead of the 16-35mm. Like a Samyang 14mm f2.8 and a Samyang 35mm f2.8. It will not only cut the weight but the price as well. Do you think it's better to have these 2 primes instead of the 16-35mm f4?

Thank you for your patience and help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow