Military MFT? Locked

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
Humansvillian
Humansvillian Senior Member • Posts: 1,951
Military MFT?

Our beloved country is in the middle of a trade war, mainly with the Chinese, I read about, but also with other nations today, and who knows with who else, tomorrow.

I got to wondering what would happen if China (or whoever else we were at trade war with) cut off the supply of cameras to the USA if our military would be blinded eventually by lack of cameras.

Using Google, I discovered it was not, a concern:

xxxxx

The Defense and Security industry is a perfect match for the Imperx camera portfolio. From UAV imaging high in the sky, ruggedized cameras for armored combat support vehicles in extreme environments and bomb detection robotics, Imperx Military and Defense cameras are the serious choice. Imperx is a proud MADE IN THE USA manufacturer and supports the US military through the offering of our reliable, tough and competitively priced Military and Defense imaging camera models. By adhering to strict quality protocols, Imperx’s rugged Military and Defense cameras are made to last and meet the demand our worldwide customers have come to rely on.

Imperx products include a wide spectrum of cameras from VGA to 47 megapixels. Our small resolution cameras are optimized for the most demanding of Military and Defense imaging needs. Don't let our cameras’ tiny design fool you! Imperx cameras are available in Gigabit Ethernet (GigE Vision®) with Power over Ethernet (PoE) as the latest in common standards providing up to 100 meters of distance and Camera Link® with Power over Camera Link® (PoCL) for larger bandwidth needs. Both of the standards provide power and data over a single cable.

xxxx

Beings those military cameras are made for the government, they are no doubt expensive, kind of like $600 hammers and $1000 toilet seats on airplanes.

But I got to wondering if a MFT enthusiast may have imbedded themselves at the Pentagon, and drawn up contract specs for Micro Four Thirds cameras for our soldiers and sailors and pilots.

It would be cool to  own a military surplus MFT camera made in the USA, if there is such a thing.

Anybody know if there are any military grade MFT cameras?

-- hide signature --

Humansville is a town in the Missouri Ozarks

Humansvillian's gear list:Humansvillian's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus PEN E-P5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow