Anyone thinking of trading their A9 for the A7Riv?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Wendy_P New Member • Posts: 2
Re: Anyone thinking of trading their A9 for the A7Riv?

shootorrun wrote:

Nope. RIV looks great, but I won't upgrade until there is a camera with a faster electronic shutter than the A9. I can't give up silent shooting.

Thanks for replying. I noticed that the RAW’s from the A9 are not as sharp in lightroom as the RII. I just learned that you have to add more sharpness to those RAW files than with the RII/III or IV. And when you downsize the 42pix files to 24 when exporting the files from Lightroom, you loose a lot of noice if so. Furthermore, the RAW files are more kind to you when you want to adjust the brightness etc. from you files that the A9. For me a reason to question if the A9 is for me the most suitable camera in stead of a RIII or IV. both are faster than my RII which was my main issue. So better than I used to. And I am not into sport photography. Well I’ll give it a try for some more time. But am seriously thinking to go back to the store and exchange it for the RIII or IV.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Wendy

Wendy_P's gear list:Wendy_P's gear list
Sony a7R II Sony a9 Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 24-240mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow