using super control panel on om-d e-m5?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Erinlale
Erinlale New Member • Posts: 16
using super control panel on om-d e-m5?

I just got a used om-d e-m5 which came with a bunch of lenses and a flash unit (not the one described in the manual.) I'm going through each piece of equipment and trying it out. I just got to the flash unit and I need some help.

I'm trying to use the electronic manual I downloaded but it is the must frustrating manual in the entire universe (and I say that as a former cell phone techsupport rep.) Can anyone tell me how to get the on screen "supercontrol menu" to stay on the screen long enough for me to use it? I'm trying to turn on flash sync and there doesn't seem to be any way to do that from the button operated controls (the menu button, info button, etc.) The manual says to do that from the supercontrol. I have been on a wild goose chase all over the manual trying to track down how to turn the supercontrol on so it will stay on the screen long so I can locate something in it and try to select it, and I can't find it. How do I do that? Or, is there another way to turn flash on and off?

The flash unit does fire from the test button, it just isn't firing from a shutter press, so the logical next step would be to make sure flash mode is on, on the camera menu.

(So far I'm pretty happy with this camera but it has some unexpected challenges. I might be on this board a lot while I learn its functions lol. I selected the om-d series because I asked on this site which models would replicate the experience of using an all-manual film camera, which is what I'm used to, and the om-d was the one on the list and this is what I happened to get a good deal on.)

Erinlale's gear list:Erinlale's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow