Which Pro Camera?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
FalkirkEagle Forum Member • Posts: 54
Which Pro Camera?

I currently own a Canon EOS M6 and think it's time to upgrade to something more capable.

What brought me to consider such a move was the experience I had doing a BTS shoot on a low-budget movie set.

Before going on the shoot, I purchased an adapter so I could attach a Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens to the camera.
I chose the Tamron for its range of focal lengths, as I thought they would be suitable for an indoors shoot on a movie set, plus the constant f2.8 aperture would allow me to use the lowest possible ISOs in a low-light setting (the film crew were using just two softboxes to light the talent on the set). I used a flash to get good fill in spots were the lighting wasn't good.

The results were not that great. A vast majority of the shots I took were either really soft or slightly out of focus. I blame most of this on operator error and the fact that the M6 AF, while good, is a bit poky in low-light environs. Plus the camera has significant EVF lag and a slow buffer, so getting quick follow-up shots was difficult.

I may be going on a similar shoot in the near future and need a camera that's up to the task (and brushing up on my photographic skills?)

All that said, if you were in a similar situation, which camera and lens would you go with?

Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow