Daido Moriyama - How I Take Photographs

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MikePennPhoto
OP MikePennPhoto Senior Member • Posts: 1,087
Re: Daido Moriyama - How I Take Photographs

thelps wrote:

Diado has a very expansive work. Some of it is rare. I had opportunity to examine some of his rare work when at Ricoh Ring Cube in Ginza. They have an extensive library of photography and quite some pieces of works on the walls. While looking though Diado I found some images underwhelming then you hit gold, its a mix and IMO should be. Some will find the images I found underwhelming to be their gold. Such is his work.

To me I feel the OP issue is the bad review on the book reflects on Diados work. The books reviewer does not appear to understand or respect the photographic mentors or style of the past. The review only made me want to buy the book to check it out for myself.

It's also his lack of understanding about just about everything. He didn't have a clue that this book was originally published in 2010 when Moriyama began his transition from film to digital. It is not a how to book and it could easily be another chapter in his book Memories of a Dog.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow