Using Sony A7III as a webcam

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TylerRAWR New Member • Posts: 1
Using Sony A7III as a webcam

Hello, thanks in advance if you can provide me with any help. I'm looking to start my son a Youtube channel. I own this Sony A7III camera for my photography and wanted to set it up as his 'face cam' so to speak. I've plugged the mini HDMI to HDMI into my computer, but that hasn't seemed to work for me. I don't want to invest too much more money. Is there a free program that will assist with this? It seems like my camera isn't being registered as a device by the computer. I'm using the Elgato HD60 Pro as a capture card to feed the Xbox through the PC and the software that comes with the capture card looks as if my camera should pop right up into the program itself and things should be seamless. I tried a usb connection as well as the HDMI and it basically just charged the camera and came up as if I were trying to transfer the files to my computer, but not as a working 'webcam'. Is there a setting I missed perhaps? I hope there's a simple solution and I don't have to go out and buy another capture card or webcam. If you need any more info I did not include, please let me know.

Tyler

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow