Changing ISO

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
linst New Member • Posts: 15
Changing ISO

Hello,

For my 5D Mark IV, normally I shoot in Manual mode with Auto ISO and I set limits on ISO. However, I am taking a class in photography at a local college and I have to shoot in full manual mode. When I use the ISO button on the top of the camera to change ISO, I get the screen and can change ISO with no issue, but what is that meter in the screen. It doesn't seem to do anything. It goes to -3 to +3 like a light meter, but changing the ISO has no effect on that screen. I cannot see what effect the changed ISO has on my exposure until I get back to the image and my light meter with that image. If I don't like the change, maybe the image is overexposed now, I have to go back to the ISO screen and change the ISO. Is there some other way to do this? When I leave the ISO as is and change the shutter or aperture, I can immediately see the effect on the light meter using my dials. Changing the ISO doesn't seem to work that way unless there is some custom button?

I just always use Auto ISO with exposure compensation and watch my ISO. If it gets too high then I will change the shutter or the aperture depending on what I am photographing.  However, just can't do this in the class. 
Thank you for any help and I hope I explained my problem so it makes sense.
--Linda

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow