High Frame Rate Video - End Trigger - Maximum standby time?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
6BQ5 New Member • Posts: 19
High Frame Rate Video - End Trigger - Maximum standby time?

My colleagues at work need to record a high frame rate video for presentation. The video will be of something failing, breaking, and flying apart. They asked me to help identify a decent camera and to operate it. I think something like the RX10 III or RX IV ought to do the trick.

The event may occur 15 to 30 minutes after pressing "Go!" on our test apparatus. Since I don't know exactly when the event will occur I was thinking of using the "End Trigger" function. So, I would press "Go!" on our machine, press "Start/Stop" (or equivalent) on the RX10 and wait for the event to occur. Once it does I press "Start/Stop" to halt recording. The RX10 saves the 7 seconds of video buffered before I pressed "Start/Stop".

Does that theory of operation sound right?

I would like to know how long I can keep the RX 10 in this buffering standby mode. Is there a maximum allowed time to run the buffer? Can I run the camera for 15, 30 or even 60 minutes like this? I would be concerned about the camera overheating. Battery life wouldn't concern me if I can run from a dedicate power supply connected to an AC outlet.

Thanks!

P.S. I would like to be able to control the RX10 remotely but I am finding out through Google searches that remote control for HFR video is limited. Can the standard remotes start/stop the recording or do I need to be with the camera?

6BQ5's gear list:6BQ5's gear list
Canon PowerShot A720 IS Kodak DC265 Canon PowerShot S110 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Pentax *ist D +41 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow