90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
rrc1967 Contributing Member • Posts: 563
Re: 90D. Well that’s disappointing for us 7D2 users

John Sheehy wrote:

BirdShooter7 wrote:

I actually take this as good news as I think it means we could still get a 7d mk3.

I don't know what to think yet; the joystick made me think that it was a 7D2 successor at first, but the burst rate did not improve over the 7D2, the dual-card slots were not there, and there are less AF points, so maybe there is still hope for a 7D3.

I hope that Canon is taking noise character more seriously with these new 32.5MP sensors. They got really sloppy and regressive with the 6D2/RP sensor. Even the R is a little noisier than the 5D4, despite allegedly using the same sensor.

It also just as importantly these items that would not increase the size of the camera, perhaps a bit of weight;

- only has C1 setting

- has top plate 80D ergonomics and not 7D ergonomics (this should have been a no brainer if this was a 7D replacement)

- doesn't have 7d weathersealing (relies on mechanical sealing)

- no pc sync (i think)

These items would increase the size, but are missing that are 7D specific and imo, kind of necessary for the 7D.

- does not have the 7D Mark II viewfinder but the 80D viewfinder

- the back has been simplified to the point where everything is on the touch screen because they had to remove buttons to fit in the joystick. there's no rating,etc buttons that are pretty necessary for sports,etc.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow