*** WINNERS #602 Highways, Byways and Streets ***

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rjgjr
rjgjr Contributing Member • Posts: 839
*** WINNERS #602 Highways, Byways and Streets ***

Thanks to all who entered this weeks challenge. We had a quite a few more entries than past weeks, a glimmer of hope for this challenge. On to the winners.

Honorable Mentions in no particular order:

Ontarian with his Switchbacks. High in the Andes, I admire these truck drivers in making their daily or weekly trips across this treacherous stretch of highway.

JACS dusty stretch of desert byway could be almost anywhere in the American Southwest, this one in Arizona. Living in Southern California, I have spent many a weekends and vacations on these roads chasing the end result, which is generally a view as far as one can see.

Iron Mike (welcome back and hope you stay) and his view of an often busy stretch of highway snaking it's way through a pass in the Canadian Rockies. Hard to keep your eyes on the road with views like that.

3rd Place goes to Stan with his quaint little, flower lined street/alley way in Giverny, France. I see some signage up ahead with 30km per hour and possibly no parking along with it.

2nd Place goes to Guinness and his beautiful cobbled walkway in Wells, UK. I'm not sure if these are called cottages or row houses, but they are simply beautiful with their symmetrical chimneys and manicured gardens inside of the stacked walls. What a beautiful day for a stroll.

1st Place, this weeks winner, goes to Alex Zeee and his wonderful cobbled street scene in Brussels, Belgium. What a great idea, and probably a logistical nightmare, to shut down a portion of the city for a vehicle free day. Another beautiful afternoon to explore the city. Alex, the next challenge is passed on to you.

rjgjr's gear list:rjgjr's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS Rebel T6i Canon EF 50mm F1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow